Wings To Fly is an invaluable reference guide on how to care for a child with learning difficulties or learning disabilities. As a parent, teacher or caregiver, you are provided with information and ideas on assisting your child through their school years, interacting as a family and setting goals and expectations for yourself and your child.
This book encourages readers to appreciate their child’s uniqueness and even provides motivational tools to help make life more bearable when things may seem bleak. Divided into easy-to-reference chapters, Wings To Fly will guide you and your special child in learning everyday situations that can be enjoyable for the whole family.
- Chapter One: The Same or Different(p.1)
- Chapter Two: How Will You Cope?(p.5)
- Chapter Three: Will My Family Ever Be the Same?(p.9)
- Chapter Four: How You and Your Child Can Survive the School Years(p.15)
- Chapter Five: The Home Reader(p.19)
- Chapter Six: Spelling Words(p.23)
- Chapter Seven: Cooking for Fun(p.29)
- Chapter Eight: Make Your Own Board Games(p.31)
- Chapter Nine: Ideas for School Projects(p.35)
- Chapter Ten: Self-Esteem(p.37)
- Chapter Eleven: High School(p.39)
- Chapter Twelve: A Final Word(p.43)
Author Mary T. Ford received her degree in community education and has 22 years’ experience as a special needs educator. She has given lectures to high schools on mental health issues and has worked as a mental health counselor. Ford works as a parent educator/counselor in a Child and Family Center and is currently working on a series of children’s books. She lives with her family in Canberra, Australia.